Update on Townhouse Purchase Offer

I offered $100,000 on the $115,000-listed fixer upper townhouse. The owner came back with $110,00. I came back with $105,000, and the owner accepted my offer. More details to come.

It seems that more houses are now being priced to sell. The agent selling the house that I am purchasing told me that she priced the house 10% below what other, similar houses were selling for. Even after that deduction, the owner took 10% less than the lower price. I think there are a lot of motivated sellers out there right now.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe in a reader

Share this: del.icio.us | Digg | Ma.gnolia | Reddit | Stumble Upon |

Tags: ,

2 Responses to “Update on Townhouse Purchase Offer”

  1. rentals "R" us says:

    Congratulations on the new investment!
    We’re still waiting to hear if our potential buyer will be able to get financing. If not we’ll be renting. We are getting many college students wanting to rent the property but we haven’t decided if we want to go that route yet.

  2. Terry Sprouse says:


    Thanks. Hopefully, we’ll make it to closing without any bumps in the road. I’m sending my inspector over tomorrow to offically check the place out.

    Good luck with the sale of your house. I’m hoping your buyer gets their financing.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.